Trusted Irrigation Installation and Repair in Grants Pass
Landscaping transforms your outdoor space, making it a beloved place to spend time with family and friends. It boosts the value and curb appeal of your home or business. When installing new landscaping, it is crucial to consider the maintenance required to keep your plant life healthy and your space looking its best. Carol’s Colors Landscaping can design an irrigation system specific to your space to ensure your landscaping components stay adequately hydrated.
There are many benefits to installing an irrigation system. Automatic irrigation helps to reduce the time spent maintaining your landscaping and increases the lifespan and beauty of your grass, flowers, and shrubbery. Spend less time, money, and water on maintenance and more time enjoying your space by installing an irrigation system.
How Do Irrigation Systems Work?
A pipe attached to a water supply is run throughout your property, and sprinklers are strategically placed along the supply pipe to hydrate your grass, plants, and flowers. Zone valves are programmed to deliver a set amount of water to each zone based on the plant life and sun exposure in that zone. The watering process is set on a schedule that runs automatically.
Does My System Need Repair?
- Increase or decrease in water pressure. Systems are programmed to provide the perfect amount of water in each irrigation zone. Too much water could over-saturate or damage landscaping, while not enough could lead to dying plant life due to lack of hydration.
- Malfunctioning sprinkler heads. Issues with clogs or cracks on the sprinkler itself can cause problems, but the root cause of the issue could also be in a valve or supply pipe. It is best to contact a professional to help determine the cause of irrigation malfunctions to avoid further damage to your system and landscaping.
- Uneven water distribution. If you notice portions of your grass or landscaping drying out, while others are oversaturated, there is likely a problem with your system. Uneven water distribution is often caused by a leak somewhere in the system, but it could also be due to incorrect settings or a malfunctioning sprinkler.
- Unusually high water bill. If your monthly water bill suddenly increases, you may have a leak somewhere in your system. Address leaks as soon as possible, as your bill will remain high as your system works to get enough water past the leak. Leaks can also lead to damaged landscaping that will end up costing you money to repair.
- Dripping valves. A properly functioning valve should not drip. Valve leaks often occur when debris like dirt or grass clippings cause damage to valves.
- Dirty water. Irrigation systems deliver clean water to your landscaping. If you notice dirty water coming from your sprinklers, there could be an issue with rusty or failing pipes or a leak that is causing clean water to mix with dirt.
Contact Carol’s Colors
With over 30 years of experience in landscaping maintenance and construction, the team at Carol’s Colors Landscaping is ready to help you install a new irrigation system or repair an existing one. Contact us for a consultation today.