Although you may love being outside working in the garden, the winter weather is likely keeping you in the house, snuggled up by the fireplace. That doesn’t mean you can’t start planning, though, right? Several emerging landscaping trends are sure to be popular in 2021, so now is the time to start planning and thinking of the warmer days ahead.
- Incorporate blue into your color scheme. The trend of adding blue elements started to emerge in 2020, and it is sure to continue into 2021. When you select your summer plants, include beautiful cerulean blues, and consider mixing them with bright, cheery yellows.
- Environmental friendliness. One of the best ways to incorporate environmentally conscious gardening into your spring plans is to collect rainwater on-site for use in your landscaping. This is a great way to conserve water and keep things lush and beautiful in your yard.
- Keep it low-maintenance. This is a tip that non-green thumbs will love. 2021 spring landscaping is sure to include a lot of cobblestone paths with simple green ground cover. You can even use mulch and patio pavers to create visual interest without creating high-maintenance gardens.
- Make it cozy. Just as you like to have a warm, cozy nook in your home during the winter, having a cozy corner in your yard is also a great summertime idea. Small seating areas nestled among the trees or a few ornate shrubs are a perfect way to create a little slice of heaven in your backyard.
- Vertical gardens. This trend is ideal for homeowners who don’t have much space outside. Start by building a frame for your vertical garden, and then plant it with lemon balm, honeysuckle, and succulents for a trendy, fresh look.
If you need a professional touch with your landscaping this spring, look no further than Carol’s Colors Landscaping. Our professionals can give you the yard of your dreams. Call us today at (541) 535-7074.