Just because summer is over and snow is on its way, it doesn’t mean you should stop taking care of your yard. You still want your property to look its best, no matter what the weather is like, and getting out and taking care of your yard is the best way to do that. Keep these winter landscaping ideas in mind as we head into the coldest months of the year.
- Outdoor lighting is important during every season, and it looks especially lovely when there is snow on the ground. Consider using colored bulbs in soft, festive tones on your lighting over the holidays, and keep your walkways safely lit all year long.
- Use potted plants. Shrubbery like boxwoods can be planted in pots and manicured to your specific tastes, then placed outside on patios, front porches, and walkways to create an inviting look that is suitable year-round in most climates.
- Protect sprinklers. One of the tasks that many individuals forget is winterizing sprinkler systems. Don’t forget to complete this essential step before temperatures drop, or you may end up with burst pipes and damaged systems that will need to be repaired or replaced in the spring.
- Keep up with raking. It is easy to rake the leaves once in the fall when most of them are down and then forget about them all winter. Keeping up with leaves that accumulate over the winter months will make your yard look nicer and help to prevent mold growth.
- Your trees and shrubs still need water to stay healthy over the winter months. Just be sure that you water on days that the temperature is above forty degrees.
As winter arrives and you settle into your cozy abode, don’t forget about the yard outside. If you need help with your winter landscaping, reach out to Carol’s Colors at (541) 535-7074.